Monday, July 5, 2010

The Sun is out and I am ready to work

June 28, 2010
Hi Everyone!
Savanna we are at the library today and of course no go on the pictures. I'll send the card. =( sorry. You don't have to use all the photos.
This last week I feel so blessed by the many letters I received. Thank you bunches. As Casey use to do. Shout Outs.
Peck Family I loved my cards and working hard.
Grammy and Pappy I am getting your letters and I love them.
Cub, Tess and Laurel I got your letters I love them! And I love you.
Lois sent me an incredible letter. Thank you for the photo book of me as a baby.
Lindsey look for a letter in the mail this week.

So I am staying in Moscow! I am so excited because we have some investigators who might not have done well with a change and am excited to stay with Sister Adams. We are buds and enjoying teaching together. This is will be short but “Lamont's” baptism was amazing! He had to be immersed 4 times. I'll write the story to Savanna to share with everyone.
Story From LETTER: “Lamont” is SOOO scared of water, but we didn’t find this out until the day of the baptism. He was immersed 3x and ran out. None of them counted. We calmed him down and then told him he had to do it again and tears came to his eyes. The 4th time Brother Keller stood on the steps and said words of comfort and “Lamont” was finally fully submersed. It was beautiful. I never want to forget this tender moment of faith and conviction to follow the Lord. He has truly changed. He just glowed. He’s home. When Bishop Miller welcomed him to the ward he spoke such beautiful words of “Lamont” and the man he is becoming.

I was so excited about teaching about the Plan of Salvation with Grace I related the Celestial kingdom to California amusement parks. She got my excitement and laughed when I told her my family has a rollercoaster fetish. (Thanks Laurel for teaching the joy of rollercoasters)

Sister Adams had an amazing birthday! Three parties with the members and the missionaries here. Plus the Lord blessed us with a potential from Las Vegas! He's coming to Church this next week. He even called because he was out of town last week. We are so excited! I have to write president and only have 40 mins online. I love you all. My testimony is growing so much. If anyone has insights on a change of heart send it my way. Damion said if he knows what has to happen to observe the difference from where he is now he'll convert and move into the church. lol.
Love you all. Hope you're looking and having missionary opportunities.
Love always and forever
Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment