Monday, July 11, 2011

Spring could still come... Week of Service- June 13

Aloha Everyone!
First we'll start with the exciting news... We hit a deer on the way home Saturday night. I have a little whip lash but we are okay and the truck has minimal damage poor deer. Don't know how the story ended up for it and what I was supposed to do about it. It was sad. There was one that came right out and blocked our lane and the second one decides to jump in front of us. We were extremely grateful that there was not more damage and that we were protected by being in a bigger vehicle.

Now to more exciting things. We helped Ann move this week. The ward really came out and helped. It's not quite complete yet but she was really appreciative and wants us to start teaching her and her girls. The amazing thing was when the Elders came and blessed her home and gave her a blessing. It was beautiful. You could feel the peace and power in the priesthood and that she has a new beginning. I really grew in my admiration of the Elders we have here and for their faith.

Judy wants to know if the Book of Mormon is true. She prayed and hasn't received an answer but wants to know still. We found out by asking what their exceptions are again. Yes we are finally on track. Now we pray for her to receive an answer that she'll recognize. We are excited.

I got asked to speak yesterday on Thursday. It was a busy week and helping move Saturday at 8 am did not help in preparation. However the Spirit came so strong during the meeting. I was so grateful the Spirit was there and a gift was given to touch their hearts and mind on the atonement. I had a very captive audience. Sister Lytle called it a discourse. I had so much more to say but I knew the Spirit was using me as an instrument. It was truly a neat experience. I finally felt like I belonged in the ward.

Buddy Ball! Brandon and Heather invited us to do service by attending their last game of the session for those who have a disabilities. It was truly an amazing act of love to see these special spirits do something we all take for granted and their buddies joining in the fun. The smiles we on everyone’s faces. Talking to the parents about how God has blessed them was amazing. They talked about patience and love and how much their lives have been blessed since these angles joined their families. They were accepting of us being there and it was nice to be invited and to meet people who would normally not accepted us at the door.

Next week we'll be in a different home. The Michalke's are having all their family there for the next couple of weeks and it wont fit in the guidelines so we are awaiting where will be. So I'll let you know next week where I am.
I am still working on improving my health. We'll see what happens. But I know the Lord humbles us so miracles can happen. I love each day I get to continue is this work because it is more than me. I came to the conclusion how much the atonement has been an enabling power in my life especially as a missionary to go and do the things beyond my capacity. I love the Lord and am grateful for the many wonderful people He has allowed me to be a part of their live and them mine. Thank you for all you each do to support and encourage me from a far and I know that your prayers work.
Love
Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment