Monday, August 1, 2011

I don't have to pack my bags!!!- July 11

Hi Everyone,
I made it through another transfer. Man! How time winds down. I realized I only have a couple more times waiting for the phone call to know if it's time to dejunk. :) Sister Hilton and I are both staying here in Colville. I am stoked because we have some amazing people we are working with. Tyler's first lesson was different but really good. It felt like a panel, except for the seating arrangement was backwards. He accepted a baptismal date but Sunday after the lesson was finished, he said he got his answer the night before after his reading and praying. He knows he should be baptized on the 30th and Church confirmed it for him! Just couldn't help but smile.

Mary, that we found, finally had a lesson and it was amazing. You could feel the goodness and all her concerns were answered. By the end, she wanted her boys to listen. We'll see tonight what happens. It seems to be all in good timing. that's what we have to remember. God has his own ways and we have to be able to recognize the time and be willing to act. Mary was willing to read the Book of Mormon by the end even though at the beginning she was not willing to accept it as scripture. The spirit can work with each of us if we are truly seeking.

Kina from Cheney is in Lone and we found her. It was a sweet reunion. Her new husband invited us to stay for dinner. We are hoping to help them finish building their new house up the river. I love service! The Branch is on board to help with a few small projects that are left. Love willing hands.

Rubie is amazing and finally proved to herself that the Church is true! Agency and the atonement. We are the only ones who profess that. Cool thing was at the time her discussion was going on I felt prompted at our district meeting to add her to our prayer list. Miracles happen and the Lord is aware of each of us. She is on her way back and I couldn't be happier for her and her family. Please keep them in your prayers. Rich just found out he will need dialysis.

In Lone on Sunday, one of the summer members brought his architect to church. He was from Hawaii. It made me so excited to give him his own Book of Mormon. He was so thrilled to be give the book. At the request of the member, Sister Hilton and I write in the front cover. I wrote this is how God links Ohana to Him through us taking acts of faith. It had my testimony but that has really just stuck with me. I love the Book. It's true.

We are ready for another week of miracles. even if it means chasing down people through the Church grass (Michael this Sunday escaping).

Love this work. While the truck is in the shop we will be on bikes the next couple of days. That's if i can fix my tire. Prayer and some air should work. Love you all and hope you are recognizing the Lord's hand in your lives.

Love
Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment