Monday, August 1, 2011

Summer May Have Begun and it’s Huckleberry Season- August 1, 2011

Hi Everyone,


We had a crazy week. Lots of out of the ordinary. Rich, Rubie's husband, joined in our lesson. He even went and got his Bible and shared a scripture out of Isaiah. You never know the response you'll get from doing an object lesson. Mary kept her lesson with us even though she had a bad day. The Spirit was there so strong and she prayed. She wanted all of us to pray so we all took turns. My eyes filled with tears. It was amazing. After that lesson I missed place the truck key and it took us 20 minutes to find it. The miracle was how calm I was about the whole situation. Judy's church tour was a home run. She felt the Spirit but is not ready to accept feelings as an answer. We are still waiting to figure out how to arrange for her to come to church on Sunday. So remember that in your prayers. Sister Hilton is growing in leaps and bounds. It thrills me. This is the second time as senior companion that I feel this great responsibility to foster growth. Wow. She invited Judy to be baptized. So Judy is praying about Sept. 24!


We gutted Sister Angel's house. It felt so good to help her out. Sister Morton died but in reality it didn't that threw us into an emotional yoyo. It just shows how prayers are answered. And we have been able to see miracles with her daughter being here. Jennifer has been super impressed by how much we love her mom.


Lone was intense. They had down river days and i found myself filled with fear to talk to people. Crazy. It's been too long to get that way. So just said a prayer and started talking to people. Some more receptive than others but we did it. We spoke in Lone on Sunday about missionary work. After 5 minutes Sister Hilton was out of material but she lasted 10. I was proud. It was the first time I didn't feel nervous or worried about being prepared. A few scriptures and a talk and the Spirit and I were set. It was amazing. Only 5 in attendance were from Lone and the other 30 were visitors. One man came up and told me the man, Gary Boarders, in the article was his relative. Small world. Brother Collins, the High Councilmen over missionary work, shared his conversion story. He was converted in Las Vegas because of his girlfriend's dad's example over 35 years ago. It was an incredible Church service. Meet a lot of Canadian’s on vaction. Brother Divis, our new Branch Mission Leader and his sweet wife, spent Sunday with us going around meeting the members there in Lone and inviting them to read one page of PMG a day! It was incredible. The Taylor family was looking for an invitation back. They got one with a powerful promise. That if the dad will start reading one page a day of PMG and coming to church that the change he is looking for in his family will happen. It was great. 6 months and he is marking his calender.


I love the gospel. No where can you see the hand of the Lord more than in His work to assist His Children in coming home.


Almost forgot. I have an official release date. Oct. 3rd. Interviews were a highlight from last week. I was me. President and I had a great experience and I was challenged to decide for myself but his impression was Oct. 3rd and as I pondered and talked it over I was reminded of the blessing Elder Burrel gave me that the Lord was pleased with my service. It came in a small voice from Sister Hilton and I realized that I could do it my way or the Lord's and I let go of my pride and called President that night and told him I would go then. I felt peace after that. Pride can get in our way and all He asks is for a willing heart and an attitude of Go and Do.


Love you all.


Love


Sister Peck


No comments:

Post a Comment