Wednesday, May 12, 2010

2nd Week in MTC

hi.
This last week feels like a glimpse and an eternity. My comp taught our first investigators. Death seems to be an overlapping theme in all of our lessons. It's amazing to have a knowledge of what's to come and to help and invite people to learn and follow the plan God has for them. Got to experience snow here. Crazy!! Bad thing is that I left most of my winter stuff at home to be mailed. It's Spring, right??? I love it here and am adjusting to the weather.

on Cinco Day Mayo - Sister Lizonbees mom sent chips and salsa we had a little comp party in the dorms. =) Savanna- Your treat box made me full of joy. My comp took a picture of me stuffing a cookie into my mouth. The Elders noticed how much joy was seeping out of me. =) I became funny. It happened over night. I really amuse my comps with my dry sense of humor. We are making a collection of quotes that happen everyday. I love it. Best quote of the week- Two Elders leaving mail room. in regards to a letter - "Elder she's my girlfriend."as the other Elder tries to take it. Oh I've been called Elder Peck like 10 times. Come to find out there are two here. I've meet one and they are both from the same line. Impressive.

oh course have made friends with the Elders from Hawaii and New Zealand. They just have so much fun. Pictures to come.

Sister Bullard, Sister Lisonbee and I have bonded over the last week. They are truly amazing women. We got to hear from Sheri Dew Sister Lizzy's hero. Enough so that we went to meet her afterwards. Loved it. She gave the same talk that she did when she came to BYUH in 2008?-2009 on the noble and great ones. If someone could get me a copy of that talk I would appreciate it.

Our Elders in our District are amazing. They do however have their 12 year old moments especially around our zone leaders but this made up for all those moments. They wrote the sisters notes for mothers day. These are letters I will treasure forever. So interesting to see how other people write. It made Mother's Day the best! Happy Belated Mother's Day to all the women I love and have influenced me.

I got to go on a field trip. I caught some type of stomach bug but it lasted for a little too long and on Sat. I got to go to the doctors off the MTC. My sisters loved it more than me. The doctor gave me some meds but no big deals. I am feeling much better now. I got a blessing from Elder Fordham. It was amazing.

I had the opportunity to teach with an instructor here, Sister Pike. Elder Cannon who I accidental took name badge, was our investigator. It impacted me because I was able to relate so much of the gospel to him in a new way and was able to draw analogy between how he has a best friend and how the Savior is our best friend and then to how the atonement could be made possible because of those feelings of love. I learned a lot about asking questions in this practice. looking for a definition on diligence. Its my Christlike attribute I am working on. Love to hear what you all have to say on the topic. Write me a letter!!!

Letter senders.
Ash thanks for letter.

Happy BirthdayGrammy hope your having fun in Cali and Pappy love you. Please share insights from that 2nd coming book.
Zee you rock! I love you SIS I can't wait till you get here.

My email does not allow me enough time so if you've emailed gmail I haven't seen it.

Happy Birthday Colby and Quinn too.
Casey: Birthday shot out to you too.

Please write about life as well as church stuff it's uplifting. Nights are tough, so many things to process. This place makes you loopy and time goes to quick. I've lost stuff so many times its crazy. Sister Lizzy just asked me to pray for her whites. She used bleach, Grammy please send the names of soap your supposed to use so I can educate everyone. Love is the motivating factor. It's what makes the difference.

What is perhethin and is it safe? Love everyone. Thanks for your prayers and support. Write. this is the best choice I've ever made.
Forever and AlwaysSister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment