Thursday, February 17, 2011

11/29/10= 30 degrees is warm??

Hi Everyone!
The weather has proved to be very eventful this week. On Monday evening we received a text- park the cars and walk. We bundled up and I entered into the blizzard. I looked like a maroon marshmallow with sunglasses to protect my eyes. I wear my sunglasses at night has a whole new meaning for me. 30 degrees now feels warm compared to the negative 12 we experienced here early last week. The snow has helped us get into doors and homes. =) So there is a positive to all the snow. Not to mention driving in it.
Monday evening I lead FHE for the YSA a ward. A scripture chase from questions of the soul from Preach My Gospel. It was fun to see them engaged in the scriptures. We talked about how the Book of Mormon is a book that brings answers.
Tuesday we embraced the cold to and went tracting. This one man commended us on being brave. Trisha and Wayne let us in to read scriptures and warm up. We went and visited Sister Ireland. She has an amazing horse collection. She sculpts and designs them for shows. I thought of how much fun Quinn and my Mom would have had in her home. Sister Martinez took us out to dinner. It was great to be in her vehicle that 4x4. It's amazing how peaceful and beautiful the world becomes as its covered in white. I remember that I was told I would slow down from living in Hawaii, it worked but winter here has succeeded. I am upping my Vitamin D.=)
Wednesday - I got a letter from Brother Neal when I got home from District meeting. We used the PRO card with Trisha and Wayne at their lesson. Zoe put it on the refrigerator for me. That's truly what we are trying to do become PRO's for the Lord. It takes Prayer, Reading scriptures, and Obedience. Just as if we wanted to be a Pro- golfer, basketball player, dancer etc. It requires sacrifice. If we want to become, we have to do. (Thanks Brother Neal.) We were finally able to watch Just a Stone Cutter with Bob and Anna. That was an answer to prayers. Bob wanted to see that film before he was baptized because his son had told him how it had helped in his conversion. I had prayer earnestly for this film for weeks but we acquired it along with the film Joseph Smith Prophet of the Restoration. Wow what a true man. He understood that it is our gift to act instead of being acted upon. These small things have helped to encourage me to keep going even when I became ill again. I find strength that is beyond myself. I love it. I know that it is the Saviors grace being applied to my life to do His work. We have been searching for the YSA members thus far we have discovered a lot of them have moved. This particular evening while searching for an apartment building we both felt impressed to knock on a door. The young lady was busy and not really interested but accepted a card and an invitation to check out mormon.org. We both left feeling like a seed was planted!
Thanksgiving was a blast! We ate with Jim and Echo and their beautiful girls. They have truly made a 180 this last month. It's been amazing to watch. Their home even feels different (better). It's amazing what living the gospel does for our lives. The girls wanted to sing primary songs. I am so glad the Spirit comes with my horse voice and out of tune singing. Sorry Gramee. But as I sang Families can be together forever I was reminded of how impacting and converting these songs are and how I came to know the gospel. There is such power in music. I could feel the embrace of the Spirit and that these beautiful young girls would be strong in the gospel. Second Dinner was at Don and Peggy's. They went above and beyond to make it gluten and milk free. It was amazing. I quickly found my place in the kitchen. preparing the gravy, eggs, etc. Don pulled out China from Japan he has never used for over 40 years to feed the 5 Sister missionaries. It was like being home. It was truly amazing to recognize our blessings around the table. We stopped at Jessie's. She literally glowed and was much more recieptive to our presence. She agreed to meet with us again! There is just so much to be grateful for.
Friday I couldn't move. It was my sick day. One day I'll share the details but I was so grateful to sleep. Sister V went on exchanges with the other Sisters. While Sister Floyd doctored me with turkey soup and zinc.
Saturday- I got to try Elk at the Peacocks. It was so good. Brother Peacock was not pleased with the end result but we enjoyed.
Sunday- We got to see President and Sister Palmer at the YSA ward. I was so happy to see them. Sister Vathauer has noticed how he responds differently to both of us. I just love watching the two of them interact and receive us. It is so amazing to serve with them. Michelle wants to get baptized! We are so excited. The Spirit kept impressing on my mind that she need to ask her parents first before setting a date so remember her in your prayers this week. I was reminded of Jordan's conversion last year around the same time. It is so amazing to see young people believe and know. Such a blessing. The Lord is blessing us here. One other exciting thing for me was I was finally the first to call in our weekly report. I am usually last. It surprised Elder LaBonte. The field is white here (literally), snow, ice, sleet, or blizzard the work will go forth. I know that my Savior lives. Keep reading your Book of Mormons for 2/14/11! I am already on page 300 for our missionary challenge for Christmas. Trisha is trying to beat me.
Love you all bunches. Hope that the weather is treating you nicely and that you all found time to Thank Heavenly Father for your blessings and enjoyed the feasting on turkey day. Remember that the Holiday seasons is the greatest time to share the best gift of the gospel with those you know and meet.
Love
Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment