Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Catch Up Two weeks-August 23

Hi Everyone!
I am so excited to hear that two of my nephews received their mission calls!!! And I'll be home to chat with them before they report. The Lord truly does know timing. Also Sister Hilton and I are staying! This is my last transfer and I'll finish here in Colville!
Ok the last two weeks have been crazy and so will this week. This week we are doing the fair. I was told we had the booth and thus giving me some control took over. We have great support from a few of our members and we have more participation now that we have a theme of genealogy and getting people to the family history center here. There is definitely a need and it is a finding activity. We are excited. Please pray that we find someone who can receive the gospel because of this effort. I know that your prayers help.
Judy is doing amazing. Two weeks ago we had a lesson on the Sabbath Day. She taught us through the Spirit and was determined to be at Church Sunday. She was. Unfortunately we were in Ione but we had some amazing experiences there with our new branch mission leader Bro. Divis and his sweet wife. At the Taylors we were able to teach a powerful plan of Salvation with their friend Monica, non member, who has been asking questions about the Church. Brother Taylor is truly striving to come back and wore his Church clothes all day Sunday to make a point that it is a special day. I was proud of him.
This past Sunday Ann and the girls came to Church. It ended with us being in the mothers lounge but she is talking about coming back. It is so sweet, her daughter, Gabriel always asks us to sing. It is super sweet and progress.
Last week was a temple week. It was amazing. First Tuesday we went to see Elder L. Tom Perry. We took a mission picture. What an experience to be with all the missionaries from our mission. Before it started the chaos of Rubie coming. It was diffidently a trail of opposition for her to come but she made it. Rich, her husband had a procedure in Spokane he came too. he had never been to the temple before so we took a temple walk. It was so powerful to teach there on the temple grounds. It was amazing. We have been trying to teach Rich but when a set of Elders asked if we were teaching him, he responded yea! We were thrilled and have pursued that. Yesterday we went during our P-day and played games with their family. It was amazing.
Shaking the hand of an apostle was amazing but being seated in the front row right in front proved the more impacting experience as I watched him greet all the other Elders and Sisters. It was a beautiful sight. I loved it and was observant of Sister Perry and Elder Clayton as well. I watched Elder Perry attentiveness to his wife as she addressed us. It was true sign of love. He taught us beautifully the Restoration. It was truly an event of my mission I will not forget hearing and witnessing that he is an ordained apostle of the Lord. To my shock when the program was announced I was to give the closing prayer. I was truly humbled and prayed throughout that I would be able to express the thoughts of all there and that the Spirit would lead my words. He did.
Friday was temple trip. It was so good to be there again and inside. The temple truly is an amazing place. The day before we had watched between Heaven and Earth with Gloria and Judy. Both extremely powerful lessons. Judy used the word feel. Which was huge. We are waiting on answers to prayers and being diligent. Michael wants to be baptized. He's just got to kick his habits. He is working on it. His faith has increased so much. It is so amazing to witness the change of heart. I have been truly blessed. I know that this is Jesus Christ Church. His gospel is the one thing that will make us happy and free. Invite and it will amaze what the outcome will be.
Love you all bunches.
Love Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment