Wednesday, May 5, 2010

First week in the MTC

Aloha From Sis.Peck

This place is everything I've been looking for here. I can't send pics via email but They will be coming soon. I love this place.I am currently in the laundry room and have been asked by several Elders how to wash clothes. My nickname is Mama Sister Peck. Its appropriate. I would really like if all letters Have Sister in front of my name so I can adjust and grow into my calling. I am in a trio. Sis. Lisonbee and Sister Bullard. They are amazing. I am grateful not to be senior companion, although I am the the one who gets us places. It's been good just to follow and be able to take it all in. My District is amazing. 5 Elders and my comp. Elder Jordan is our district leader. Elder Fordham, Elder Webb and Elder Haws are the ones from my district going to Spokane with me. Elder Pope is the other Elder. Elder Webb and Elder Pope need some love.They are converts and they haven't received any mail. So if you're going to give me some love please share and encourage these Elders.Love these Elders and Sisters. Much Like I love all of you. Which is to be expected. :)
I see people here from BYUH. It makes me feel Aloha and reminds me how blessed I am. Thanks to everyone for preparing me to be here. Best Story of the week. Saturday after GYM, I grabbed my id card badge and key. Key doesn't work and almost hindered me to fail my 'to be on time' goal which my comp. is striving in. Not till Sunday morning did I realize that I had stolen Elder Cannon's 'life.' Almost literally. I used his card for lunch and dinner. My comment after switching badges on Sunday in the GyM, " I pretty much stole Elder Cannon's life." We took a picture today. I am still so embarrassed. Coolest spiritual moment was when my comp got to do a mock trial lesson on the atonement. I bore witness of who the savior is and how we can be healed by Him. I didn't know that the Elders were watching through the window. They were impressed. I was impressed with how much the Spirit can teach you. I have been humbled in many ways since being here. I want my mission to be titled "One in a sea of Black."
Other funny things are is that I get called Elder Peck a lot., Sister Pope and whatever else. I need more letters. At least at this leg on the journey. It's what brings me back up at the end of the nights when I hit a low after being so edified all day. I know understand so much more about why people love their missions and why it can be the foundation for the rest of their lives.Its thinking constantly of others and being beyond your self and getting to work. I wish I had more time everyday just to process. I have never felt a stronger desire to read the scriptures. Those who sent me letters last week thanks for sending me love and those who pray for me, I need it. Please know am grateful for everything and that your all in my prayers.

Love you all bunches
Sis Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment