Thursday, May 6, 2010

Letter from sister Peck

Aloha All,

I love this place. The Spirit here is intense. You can't do anything without it. I love my district. My life experiences separate me from the others, but not it a bad way. Its both an advantage and disadvantage. But I am grateful for it. Billy- I am working on being a 'loved' sister.

I really feel a difference. I know that I have a mantle and a responsibility. It is very humbling. My learning disability was learned by a lady here name sister James. She is going to teach me some amazing ways to learn. I can't imagine how much it is going to help me with the mission and for when I go to Law School. I feel like the Lord blesses me more than anything I can even fathom. I had my confidence in public speaking vanish a bit. We did this bus activity on preaching on a bus. It literally made my heart stop beating. I feel like I know nothing here, but yet am learning so much. My district is part of a pilot program. Its so cool. Its about learning about people and then meeting their needs on their spiritual journey.

The dinning facility is awesome here. They have it down to a science and am not the only one to be allergic to everything. They are feeding my but I am a bit hungry at night because we have the early dinner.

I get my comps up in the morning. Its my way of serving them. They are so beautiful, unique, happy, youthful and blossoming young woman. They were a true blessing from the Lord. Lots of pictures to come. Please write me everyone. It is so uplifting to receive them. I may not always be able to write back but they are such a blessing to receive. Here are some topics that I would like to learn more about:
-The Reformation
-"6 Billion Others" Project
-What was the "one in a million" project
- Testimonies on the restoration.
-Niecean Creed (sp?)

(please keep it to articles, excerpts, and thoughts because I cant carry around a ton of books)

I am doing great. Thank you so much for all the words of encouragement. I feel the power to convey a strong testimony and am just learning how to do it the lord's way. This calling is amazing. Have a great week.

Sister Peck

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear how well you are doing, the great experiences you are having and the growth you feel you are making. One is never to old to learn or grow. God's works are unfathomable, and we use only 10% of our brains on earth. Imagine when we are operating at full capacity! We can't begin to understand what we have to gain by obedience in this life.
    We are so proud of you and love you so much,
    Grammy & Pappy

    ReplyDelete