Friday, December 24, 2010

Weekly Update- Time flies by when you are having fun October 11

Hi Everyone!


So Bob is on date for October 23rd. He's decided he no longer needs to read the whole Book of Mormon to be baptized. Which is good because 16-19 pages a day is a lot to process. Anna and Bob remind me a lot of Pappy and Gramee. Bob says things to get us going and Anna just shakes her head. I get a good laugh when Sister V gets giggling from the awkward statements. I love it. My highlight of the week I guess there were 3- Bob attended someone's baptism - Anna bears strong testimony - And 2 of the roommates come to church.

Bob thought we weren't coming to the baptism when we walked in 5 minutes after three. Oops. We were striving. That's my big emphasis right now we strive not try. Bob has taken to the statement. But there were their girls. The highlight was at the end when Bob went and introduced himself and congratulated the young mother and announced to her he was getting baptized on the 23rd. I heard his conviction and I just beamed. He's doing it for him. He testified of the Sister missionaries persistence compared to the Elders and how there is a difference of duty and love in one of his lessons this week. These moments making tracting in the rain worth it. Sunday Anna hesitated a couple of times before taking the courage to go and bear her testimony so that Bob could hear it. She spoke of answered prayers. It was beautiful and several members of the congreation were in tears of joy. When I asked Bob what he thought he said how her was proud of her and then said and She didn't even use a whole box of tissues. =)

The roommates- We just keep going back and we did a lesson on faith with a balloon, salt and pepper and some good old static electricity. We get move involvement and commitment from them when we make it visual. It was great! They both kept their invitation to read and came to Church. The highlight of Church was we showed up at the same time and they had hoped to sit in the hallway on the couch. No such luck. I was using my non-verbals to get them a seat by someone they knew and it took bring in another chair and me hoovering over the spot in the back row but it all worked out. We have to take the initiative or no one will.

I am now the primary driver. Watch out Cheney is what most of you are thinking but I am doing good and am surprised at how well I know the area. We went out to farm land for dinner one evening and I am still not use to be responsible for layers. When we left I was creeping out to the main road its so dark. Well the good Brother took after us and finally startled us as we hit the main road by yelling stop and hitting the trunk of the car. I wasn't as startled but Sister V almost had a heart attack. We are still laughing about it.

It's finally cooling off here and I am layering up. We attended the ward's Harvest Feast. It was a blast. A couple people we invited actually came!

This next week will be fun to report as Sister V will spend a majority of her time in Spokane for a training and I will be here with Sister H from temple Square. =)

I know that this is the Lords work. I see the change it can bring into people's lives as they live it percepts. It is truly a humbling experience. Hope you are all having missionary moments. Love you all bunches. Thank you for your support and love.

Love always and forever

Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment