Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Welcome to almost Canada 3-14-2011

Hi. So my new area is beautiful and in the middle of no where. We have a ward and a branch. Colville 1st Ward and the Ione Branch. It has been an interesting last week. A lot of emotion and goodbyes and adjustments. Already love the people here. Still don't have a clue what is going on but Sister Hinkson is catching me up to speed. We have two amazing investigators Cathy and Doug. Cathy is a miracle story and is on fire. She had been looking for something and was in despair and received a phone call from SLC from someone she didn't know who told her she wasn't alone. You've got to love Sister missionaries. Come to find out she is friends with some of the members and is just at home in the Branch. Doug was my first lesson here it was beautiful. Sister Hinkson is coming back to life and the people here are noticing. I know am here for a reason. My heart still yearns for Cheney but it's finding a home here. We live in a beautiful home. Nicole felt good about leaving me here and I am finally sleeping through the night!
The Elders who are here will go home the same time I do. I guess am name has been spoken of and Elder Tibbs is glad am here. I am excited to see the work move forward here. You never know what will happen. This truly is the most intriguing place I've been and non- college town.
President called me to respond to my last weeks email. It's so hard because he doesn't give details. He just waits for you to find. It drives me bonkers but I appreciated his love and concern. I am striving to be what the Lord excepts but sometimes the vision becomes a little less clear. I know my purpose but forgetting who I am seems to sway the vision. I am finding me again and the Savior as I make time for him. That sounds ridiculous but is true. The gospel is amazing and I love the work am doing whether it be in Cheney, Mosocow, or Colville. The Lord knows where we can make an impact, have influence for good and we can't stand in the way. I am finding my setting apart blessing to come to pass especially with my companions. Last transfer was amazing with Sister Hughes and to Sister Hinkson I am a breathe of fresh air. My prayers might not have been answered to my request and desires but I know am an answer to someone else's or many. There is something humbling about that. When both companions are happy the work truly moves forward.
Still waiting to hear who has made mormon.org profiles and finished the Book of Mormon by 2/14/11. If you haven't finished keep going. That book brings me sanity, hope and refuge. I've been able to find in different ways. As we returned tupperware to Brother Bares we were able to teach his daughter and her boyfriend. It was amazing the Spirit was so present that they had a glimpse of belief. The young man read the pamphlet while we were still there. That's the first time I've ever seen someone act with real intent while we're there.
Remember you're loved.
love forever and always,
Sister Peck
Have an amazing week of mini miracles
Thank you for all your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment