Wednesday, March 30, 2011

And the Snow fell down and I became a Sister Popsicle 2-28-2011

Hi from Snowy Washington.
It took us 20 minutes to find a parking place in the blizzard and no complaints. We finally found a spot in the Institute parking lot. Made me just smile. It's those little moments that make you happy. So many times we are focused on some grand gesture but it has always been and continues to be for me those green lights at the what always seems to be the red light. Elder Powell challenged me to be happy this week. I'll try expressing it more. I feel happy and I also feel a sense of accomplishment. Sister Hughes and I have been stretching ourselves to meet our goals. In a lot of areas we are surpassing them and then in others we still need to improve but it's great to be on the same page.

There are changes coming this next transfer. We'll know next Sunday night what lays in store for the area. I was asked for my input. Should be interesting. I have really come to love Cheney. All of it. All three wards. It's comical how many instances this last week the members have looked over and said to me you've been here forever. In the YSA ward that is especially true, 7.5 months. It's crazy how long I've been here and how much we become part of where we lay our hearts as we serve. Trying to prepare a few of those we teach that their will be changes. While it's not conversion to the missionary the relationships and spiritual experiences are real and communicate that is so important with out disrupting the work.

We have a new ward mission leader in the YSA ward too now. Jared was called Sunday. It was a little more of a shock from no where. Jared leaves on his mission in 3 months to Brazil so it will be great to involve him in the work before he goes.

Mike is doing great. He is now tobacco free for a week. Those little hang ups we come across in our efforts to become something more. His will power is growing and character to do what is right is such a boast. Going to teach about the priesthood this coming week and how its not a restricted club. It's amazing how things we don't understand we make up our our paradigm for.

Tyler has a calling! Somehow we missed it in Church but he's going to be teaching Elders Quorum once a month. He was so great to brave the snow and come to his lesson at Jaaz and Cheri's we got a good 8inches or so last Wed/Thursday. This time instead of walking in the below temperatures we called members for rides who more than willingly came to our rescue.

Sister Clark bless her soul for not only having to deal with her sons food allergies also had to include mine. It was great how welcoming her home is. It's so amazing when you can walk into someone's home and the feel is completely different. It is something I have become more and more aware of on my mission. Before it had to catch me off guard or be thought about but now it almost seems to embrace you. It's how we felt at the Hubbard's home this weekend. They are all over their missionary work and taking a chance on the missionaries. They trust us. Sister Hubbard let us meet her dad. It took a lot of courage and faith and all went well. Their daughter Riley just loves us. She has told her friend Jessica all about us, so that when we attend Kanniaka's baptism this weekend she came and introduced herself to us. What an amazing young woman, who is on a search for truth. My heart just leaped when I meet her. There was just something so familiar about her. Unfortunately, we wont be her missionaries but we got just a glimpse of her potential. It is such a blessing to be able to see and feel God's love for someone.

Sister Hughes loves the snow. Which just makes me shake my head. It is beautiful I have to admit. When it first falls and the whole earth becomes white and still. But over time and people sloshing through it . I am awaiting spring like never before. I am learning more as I teach with Sister Hughes and she is from me. My life has more meaning and direction as I loose myself in this great work. It is true. Remember to pray that Sister Hughes gets her visa in a timely manner to Brazil and that Mike L. can be ready and able to baptized on March 26 with his son John. What an amazing day that will be not to mention when their sweet family makes it to the temple! I am learning what a difference it makes when someone believes in you. Thank you for all that you do to make me who I am and the many acts silent and tangible that have been given to me to allow me to be here at this time and place.

Love you all bunches. Awaiting to hear about making mormon.org profiles and finishing the Book of Mormon this time.

Love always and forever Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment