Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Two Weeks of Updates- I am over the Hill- May 9, 2011

The last two weeks have been a roller coaster. I've hit my year marker. It's been full of a lot of reflection and setting new goals. It's hard to measure the change in myself. You can count how many times you've read a book or gone to a place but no way to measure the influence you've had. The best indicator is knowing that you have the Spirit with you. =) Teaching has become amazing. Especially as Sister Hinkson has shared more of her insights in lessons.
I was able to teach in District Meeting about conversion. It was amazing the Spirit there and the feelings. Right before it started Elder Fordham informed me that Elder Jordan went home for medical reasons. Let’s all keep him in our prayers. I bore my testimony. I've learned when I'll else fails bear your witness. Fun insight is that Sister Hinkson knew the week before I would train. Just a feeling she got. Good thing because I got called the night before.

Unfortunately I have to report that Kathy did not get baptized and has stopped making contact. We'll try again this week to reach out to her. She is so close but is holding back. It takes a lot to make a life time commitment and agency sometimes can be a major disappointment. Travis dropped us. He says he has received his answer about the Book of Mormon and he just cannot grasp that this could be true. It was hard because he wouldn't give or do anything to receive an answer of truth for himself. We were able to tell RaNae that she has a membership number. She truly light up. She belonged. She's got to learn what we believe but she knew she was numbered. There is always that thought of those scriptures of numbering His sheep. This was a moment in the recognition of knowing that you are His.
There are glimpses of Spring. This week’s forecast is in the 70's and we've got the haircuts for it. Pauline gave us new summer dews this afternoon! Feel a lot lighter.
Michael's lesson at Bishop's was amazing. He is preparing to be baptized. He became emotional a couple of times where the Spirit distilled upon him. He says he wants to feel the sun rays again like he did as a child. The gospel gives us hope.
The temple trip was amazing with Sister Michael. She calls us her granddaughters. It felt amazing to return to the temple. Miss attending more often.
Raylyn's had order as Evan, the dad, sat in on the lesson. It was truly amazing to teach and the kids mind. I loved it and felt hope for them eventually making it to church and to the temple.
I ate gravy. The most interesting meal I've had on my mission. It was soup but not edible. But I love the old man who made it anyways. I was the only one to stomach it. =)
It was great to talk to family on Mother's Day. I hope everyone had a great day and enjoyed celebrating the women who have made an impact in their lives. I've had so many women in my life to teach and emulate the attributes and character of the Savior for me. Thank you to every one of you who has made all the difference and the sacrifices you have made on my behalf.
I love our Savior. He's amazing. I am working on increasing my faith. Faith is what motivates- it's a power and a trust.
Hope everyone has a great week and remembers to share the gospel with those around you.
Love Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment