Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Weekly Update- May 16, 2011

Another week has come and gone. The weather is figuring out what it wants to do. Sister Hinkson does not do heat. Not in the least. So it’s an interesting combination. This week we'll have interviews. They'll be different in that we are meeting as a Zone. The Elders are all a little different and I am working on keeping my comments to myself. Its evidence the Spirit is working and refining me.
We finally met John and Judy after being here for almost 3 months. His family is LDS and he is reflecting on his life as the doctors have given him a time limit. But it hasn't seemed to sink in. We'll see how the Lord works in his life to help prepare him to make covenants.
We did a lot of service this last week. It felt good to express love this way. It's helping me to connect to the people here. We did the normal service at the museum. Helped a lady, Ann, move out of her office. Her family has experienced more than the average amount of drama and tragedy. Our hearts just go out for her. We helped Rubie do a mound of dishes, cleared land, filled in ditches. It's been fun. It made me reflect on how I received an education to be able to serve. I feel so blessed. To be a part of these people’s lives at this time.
It was a good mail week. Heard from Ryan Peck!, Ann and Nicole(from Cheney). I love it. Mail just helps you stay on track when you hear the words of those you love.
Michael had a BBQ for us and we've experienced our first mosquito bites of the season. Thanks for all the prayers with Kathy. Sister Ervin saved the day and called her. Kathy thought we were coming to take back all her things. No!!!! We were able to get her to commit to a couple of things. And she told us how she knew she was in a personal state of apostasy from reading the previous night from an Ensign article. She knows. Just needs the faith to act.
Hope all is well. Love you all bunches. Look for those missionary opportunities. This week I get to go to the doctor! And Sister Hinkson is going to the Dentist. We are excited for a scenic change but it always promises to talk to those who are ready for some interaction with the Lord's servants. I know this is true. And I know that faith allows the Saviors Grace to lift and strengthen you when nothing else can.
Have an amazing week.
Love always and forever
Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment