Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Weekly Update- April 25, 2011



Aloha
Another week in the field and it was white again. Luckily the snow didn't last long and we had a day of 60 degrees. I am way excited for Spring. I lost my planner and it was found at a member’s home in Lone and my scriptures were forgotten one day at home. Felt lost. Had to use Sister Hinkson's which was nice but hard to find things and not marked the same.
We saw a lot of less active members this week. Some of them are really ready to change and others just need to know they are not forgotten. I am really getting to know and love them. Still don't feel like I know the Colville Ward but am getting better. Some of the sweetest people.
We need to work on finding. It's hard when you've been in the same place like Sister Hinkson to retract everywhere. We have made some goals which will help us in this week am sure.
Sister Hinkson celebrated her 9 month mark. It was different to see her response. Mine was a milestone and hers more of reflection. It's amazing what we expect out of our service and how different exceptions can raise us or hold us back. Kathy and I, as Sister Hinkson says, ambushed her into teaching. It was beautiful. We each have different strengths and weakness. I keep looking for opportunities for her to shine and me not to be casting a shadow. Missionary life is teaching a lot. There are these Christ-like moments where you have a glimpse of what the Savior felt. It is amazing and truly moments I treasure.
Kathy may or may not be baptized this weekend. Small towns gather drama. She is so ready. She watched Prophet of the Restoration and the understanding came of the hope President Borders was wanting her to experience. Still needs to take some action that will bring her closer to making covenants. Michael asked how he can repent and how he can apply the atonement in his life. It was amazing. Travis, a YSA, is trying to cling onto the feelings and truth he felt a year ago when he was baptized. He gets side tracked by doctrinal points but it all comes down to was Jospeh Smith a prophet. I testified that he was and that the Book of Mormon is true. The Spirit was so strong. It was a mini Elder Holland moment where you can hear a pin drop. This work is exhausting and rewarding. I know that the Savior lives. His grace sustains me and I know that your prayers and love continue to lift me to engage in this great work.
Hope everyone finds moments to share about their Easter weekend and Church attendance. It's so hard to get lost in the holidays that we lose the real meaning of what we are celebrating.
Love you all bunches love
always and forever your
Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment