Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Weekly Update- May 23, 2011

ALoha!
So next week is transfers and I am ready to go forward. Sister Hinkson is ready for change. I don't blame her. 7 months here is a long time. We got ambushed by our Ward Mission Leader on Sunday in Ward Council. Oi veh! I was restrained. Support and sustain our leaders. It was interesting and memorable.
Went to the doctor and am on some new supplements. They are really helping and we found out there was water leaking in the spare room down stairs. Life is full of adventures.
Sister Hinkson had a two and half hour dentist visit too. It was fun to run into Nick from Cheney and catch up with him while I was there. I miss it there but am learning to love this place to. That's what President and I talked about in interviews. We had a good chat. Ask if Lone can be repaired or if it needs to be closed. Also we are both praying about me going home October 4th. There is an option for Sisters and am waiting for his response. I feel really good about it but it's one of those bitter sweet things.
Michael is doing well but does not want to set a date. He's not ready yet and so we'll continue to teach him and help him develop friendships with some of the ward members. Kristen was so excited when we pulled up for the lesson. We made her an honorary missionary for the evening. It was so cute.
It's BBQ season. Brother Harp made us a feast Saturday. It was one of the greatest meals, everything we asked for. He's got great listening skills. I am glad that he's letting us still visit him. He's got a lot of potential. Now to just tap into that. Our Sunday dinner didn't know about my food allegies. I don't know if that's a good thing after being here for 3 months or not.
This week will be good.
Love you all. Keep looking for missionary experiences.
Love
Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment