Friday, September 17, 2010

3 weeks till school starts and I've never been so excited- August 3

Hi Everyone!
Moscow is amazing. We've found two new people this last week! That's excited and 3 of our investigators are praying to receive an answer to be baptized.
First exciting news is I will save a ton of money now that nylons are not required for everyday wear! I was finally getting use to them, but I am not complaining. So now its time for the booty nylons. It really makes a difference in 90 degree weather. =)

Second are you ready... we are becoming a trio tomorrow. A SLC temple square Sister is coming up here. She is from Japan. My international experience keeps expanding. We are excited. Especially to learn some street contacting inaction. Their mission focuses on that so it will be neat to see how she approaches people to talk to. I am always willing to learn something new.

We are having great success with the members and the missionary activity encouraging members to do their own missionary efforts in sharing their beliefs with those they know. It is so exciting to hear their success stories.

We got to go to Spokane today to attend the temple. It was my first time in a smaller sized temple. Still amazing. We ran into Elder Fordham. That was a tender mercy and their was a leadership meeting at the stake center so we got to go and see Sister Palmer. I just adore her and her hugs. We got to see President Palmer. That was great too. They just are so on the ball and engaged in the work that any interaction, refocuses you on your purpose.

We are now learning the new curriculum for the MTC. It is amazing. I am really excited for each of the lessons. It's learning the doctronie and being able to express the importance with the Spirit. That's my understanding. =)

We had a major blow this week. Katie has discontinued meeting with us. It came as a real shock. But we know that we taught her and help her faith to grow. On the upsaide we are on a finding mission of finding members who have gone less active. We found two in the same apartment and had no idea. Their roommate is becoming our friend as we keep going back. Maybe he'll want to learn more. We can only hope.

Funny moment... Tyler had us over for dinner and Melissa came with us. I'll just quote Tyler, " When I saw the flames I knew I was in over my head." He attempted to BBQ chicken that was burnt on the outside and raw on the inside. He wants a another chance to improve his meal presentation. The best part is that his housemate, Taylor is becoming our friend, as we come over for dinner twice a transferer.

We'll that's all I have. This work is amazng. I see the impact the gospel can have in peoples lives when they are willing to live it. Find something this week that you can improve to renew your faith and bring you closer to Christ. Love and miss you all. I am strving hard to make you all proud but especially our Heavenly Father.

Letters are good don't forget.
Love
Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment