Friday, September 17, 2010

Ok Transfer Calls have been made- August 9

Hi Everyone!
I am going to Washington! Cheney, to be more exact. Transfer calls came in last night. It's suppose to be even smaller than here.
This last week has been an adventure. Sister Okamura has brought a breath of fresh air to the work her. She has an incredible faith. She has really cool analogies to relate to the gospel and is so friendly and kind. She has taught me to have a purpose for every hour or a principle of the gospel to share. It works! We found one new investigator and 4 potentials who we can check back on. So exciting. We placed four Book of Mormon's this week. Lamar is receiving a quad this week. He is on fire. This Sunday was the first Sunday he has worn a white shirt to church. He just glows. Abu came to church for the first time Saturday it was amazing. And President Mark Monson gave a perfect talk about covenants and their importance. They truly are important. I never truly understood how impacting the baptismal covenant was till my mission.
So last Wednesday, President Palmer made an impromptu visit here in Moscow. He and Sister Palmer brought Sister Okamura. It was a major blessing and all the insights, talks and letters I recieved this last week emphasized the same scripture Mosiah 4:27. The only way to give is when your full. I really feel charity growing within me. I am sad to leave Moscow but Saturday I had this feeling that I was going to leave, even though everyone was predicting Sister Adams because she had been here for so long. Nope. The work is great here. Said goodbye to a couple of people and I am ok with leaving and excited because I know the work will carry on without me and there are many others I can still have a positive influence for good. I've seen miracles here as I given of myself. I know this God's work because there is no other way it could progress at the speed it does. I've seen how the Book of Mormon strengthens and changes your life as you search its pages from cover to cover. By the way I finished it last week. It's still true. I found things at teach me how not only how to improve my life but those around me. We challenged one family to read it together and I felt prompted to ask for their calendar and I gave them a sheet of strikers to mark for each day they read. The mom got so excited and said I must have spent a lot of time around children. =) I really love these people. Each one where they are in life. Am grateful for this opportunity and all of those who made and are making sacrifices for me to be here.
Love you all bunches
Hope you're having your own missionary moments. If you're not pray for them and then act on them.
God Bless. Another chapter is about to unfold.
Love
Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment