Friday, September 17, 2010

Letter should have names? - The life of this missionary continues- July 19

Aloha Everyone from Moscow Idaho!

While my bike was fixed again by Logan and Tyler's new housemate Taylor has volunteered his services as well. Awesome because I average about every two weeks. Also, someone finally told me if I raise my seat, riding would be better. That was some of the best advice I have ever been given. Now we really can cruise around. Also, still need to name my bike any good suggestions?

I am excited to see what happens here when school starts. There are normally two sets of missionaries to serve all 6 student wards during the school year. And instead on knocking on vacant apartments they'll actually have residents. This is exciting. August 9 we shall know the progress of the work here! We have one new investigator and he likes reading the Book of Mormon. It's really interesting receiving people’s intake of the Book of Mormon and how it is written. It was never something I ever thought about. I am in Hel 5. I am going to reach my goal of reading the Book of Mormon in 3 months. It's fun looking for principles and seeing how they apply to those we teach. This last week we've shared a lot about affliction and how it's for our gain. It's hard sometimes to see how trails are a blessing but they're are and they are part of the Plan so we can grow.

New focus is not only to find people to teach but to bring back those who have found themselves amiss. I am excited to teach these members who need to rekindle their faith. It promises to be fulfilling as we seek to help all of our brothers and sisters. Luke 15. this week as we tracked a new apartment building, which we were excited to find, we found a member who hasn't been active in years. before he even told us he was a member both of us already knew. There is something different about us that we can recognize. It's the gift of the Holy Ghost- The Comforter the Savior left for us. What an amazing gift. Strive to seek out how you can unitize this gift more frequently in your lives. It's empowering to know that a member of the Godhead can a assist you in your pursuits.

Best experience of the week, Reef, 3, taught us the gospel from memory. It was precious and true. He was so thrilled to hear we were missionaries. He pointed to a picture of Jesus Christ and said, "He is the Boss." Most matter of fact way. He also showed us how you can catch waves in the middle of the living room. His dad told him that when we send the missionaries off we always send them off with a prayer and he did that we would have revelation and revelation. On Sunday he came up to me and told me "You got dark." I told him it because we spend a lot of time outside riding our bikes. It was an acceptable answer for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment