Friday, September 17, 2010

I love Baptisms- July 12

Hi Everyone!

This last week has been amazing. Melissa baptism will be examined here in this email. Friday during planning we received a phone call from Melissa. Her boyfriend’s brother, who was suppose to baptize her and his girlfriend, who was suppose to give the talk on the Holy Ghost could no longer make it up. The next words I remember over hearing was can Sister Peck give the talk. I was privileged but didn't know when I would be able to prepare anything for her. I said a silent prayer and the inspiration came over the next 12 hours. Oh yes all night I woke up and would write down the impressions that came to mind. Don't worry Blaine this talk was way shorter than Jordan's and no one had to time me. See there is improvement. =) I related the gift of the Holy Ghost to that of a gift but how it differs and how we use it and related how our hands show our willingness to do the things we are prompted much like that of our Savior. I was almost in tears as I felt the Spirit in the room at this young women’s desire to follow the example of the Savior Jesus Christ. Even so much so that she like Lamar had a few immersions as well. Ralph the first time slipt up on the words and it wasn't brought to the attention of the Bishop until they were changing already. I just laughed and figured why not. Melissa was so willing to get back in the font. The drain had already been pulled but Ralph was determined to get her in and out again and didn't want to wait. We reopened the doors and with about a 1'-1.5'. He tried again but she wasn't completely immersed but the 3rd time was a charm. I felt so privileged to watch Melissa make this commitment to become better and to live beyond the norm. On Sunday, she received the gift of the Holy Ghost it was awesome and for the first time she partook of the sacrament and she just glowed. She has such an inner strength from knowing who she is and who are Savior is. Watch out for her. She'll be unstoppable.

Tracting is our favorite. No one is home but we continue to find new ways to find. So earlier Saturday morning we went street contacting at the farmers market here. It is a great way to find and just for the community to see us. Maybe they'll be a little more inclined to open their doors and listen to the message we have for them. I truly love the people here. The Lord has prepared me for this place at this time. I am so grateful for all of you who have shaped me and witnessed my life. I love my letters I receive. I truly feel encouragement and love as I read your words. I hope all is going well and I continue to pray for all of you.

Also in Church news I got to read a nice article about BYUH's trip to China. If anyone would send me their own story I'd love to hear about the amazing things that are happening from that school. Keep finding opportunities to share the gospel your offering them happiness and treasure of untold worth.

In the mission news letter every 2 months the outgoing missionaries leave a short glimpse of inspiration this one really stuck with me. "A promise to try is a promise to fail so just promise to do."- Elder Stevenson. If your struggling with something whether it be reading your scriptures. saying your prayers, sharing the gospel or maybe saying you’re sorry or forgiving yourself or some else or a variety of things maybe starting to be healthy, just make a promise to do it and the results will happen.

I love you all bunches.
Love always and forever
Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment