Monday, October 4, 2010

Aloha from Cheney- August 16

Aloha!
ok I don't even know where to begin.
Saying goodbye to Moscow. It was sad to leave. One of those bitter sweet moments of saying goodbye to people I have come to love in the last 3 months yet knowing more adventures lay ahead. Transfers are an intense process. It took a whole day to get back in the groove of missionary work. Sister Vathauer, who amazing, and I had to move houses when we got to Cheney. There are now two sets of Sisters in our Area. We cover Cheney 2nd ward and split the YSA ward. We cover not only Cheney but Tyler and Sprague. If you blink you'll miss them. Greatest part of that is...That's right we have a mission car. What a blessing. I have been able to meet some amazing people this last week. I see in their eyes so much pain. We have really been focusing on the atonement with a lot of members who are struggling in their lives right now. It has been amazing to be a part of their journeys. I have had many confirmations this last week that I was sent here for these people at this time. To me it confirms my faith in an all knowing God. This is His work, I just carry it out.
Ok new companion, so I'll give her bio so I don't receive a whole bunch of letters inquiring about her. Sister Vathauer (VAT- Hour) is form south Florida. She lives close to Disney World and I really want to go there after my mission having heard more about how amazing it is. She has her bachelors in Art and Sociology. She is a little older than me so we are at the same maturity level which I am enjoying. Her birthday is November 19. She Loves the Lord. It's great to see her faith put to work. She stops and talks with everyone and loves recounting the many miracles we witness each day. She has taught me a lot about talking to everyone and being able to pray everywhere. I mean it. The doorway, parking lot, road, wherever. It's incredible. What's even more amazing is no one has turned us down to pray with them.
My new District is amazing. Very friendly and connected. I am now in the same district with Elder Fordham from the MTC district. He is still the same character but he has really grown into his calling. It's amazing to witness the change the gospel can have on us when we allow it to.
We had the most amazing service opportunity this week to work at the food bank here in Cheney. It reminded me of the Bishop Store house and how our fasting offerings are used to bless those who have less than we do. What an amazing practice of the Church. The people here are very good about keeping the bank full. It was humbling to help seniors take and load their groceries in
Shout outs
Darcie and Allred Family - I am so happy I received letters from you when I arrived in my new area. I am glad that all is went well on the Mainland. Brother Allred work hard on your book.
Laurel - I loved my letter! I miss you a bunch. Enjoy the rest of the summer. Tell Grandpa to behave. lol. If that is possible and that I pray for his recovery.
Magoo- You really do love me. I am almost finished with my first journal for you. My words of wisdom. =) I love you stay strong.
Still waiting for a picture from Quinn's baptism.
Love you all. This gospel has the power to change your lives if you allow it. What an amazing resource to become something more than we are now. It is all made possible by our Savior Jesus Christ. Have a great week.
Love Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment