Monday, October 4, 2010

In a voice mail, "I know you're always doing things for God.-Which is good." =)- Aug 23

Hi Everyone!
This last week has been amazing! No surprise I am sure but it is truly amazing to see how the Lord works and crosses our paths. There are so many things to share.
My first experience of eating at a member’s home this last week was a great experience. The food was great but I realized I was no longer in the city- literally we were about 5 miles out of our small town and there was a disturbance out front and within 30 sec the good brother was out the front door with his shoot gun. I was in awe that he had such a quick response time. They've had issues with the coyotes here eating the chickens last few weeks.
Now for more of the work. We got one golden self referral this week. He walked into the institute building last Monday and has made a serious effort to know the standard we live. It is amazing. He called us three times to schedule an appointment. He's going places.
We had the honor and the privilege to be instructed by a member of the 70- Elder Craig Christensen. Wow! He said everything we teach should be linked to the atonement. We all felt the strength of his testimony because he applies it to his own life and as missionaries this is where our conversion happens. When we allow the gospel to penetrate own lives. We don't miss the window of opportunity that is being offered to those all around the world. Sister Christensen bore just a strong testimony in 10 minutes about Mosiah 4:2. Look it up and allow the phrase O have mercy take a place in your own prayers. You'll be amazed at the difference in your lives. The atonement it what cures all emotional, physical, and spiritual pain we experience here.
One interesting occurrence is that all four Sister's here dress alike. It's quite ironic because we don't all live together. We got to do some work alongside the other set Saturday night as we tracted some apartments. We were able to catch a footballer player as he was dropped off after practice. He hasn't been to church in a while and I was given a very tender moment that was felt by all 5 us. I thought a trio was a lot but 4 sisters that's intense. In those few moments I was given the words to link the running back and the team to the atonement and church as the huddle. It reminded me of how I was blessed to write and the more I learn the more my gifts are better used to help those I serve amongst develop faith in Jesus Christ. I was grateful in the moment that I knew about football from the McFadden’s or the moment would have slipped by.
If you’re struggling remember to pull out your scriptures and say your prayers and watch how the Lord answers you. Don't give up hope or faith pull through. We meet a lot of RM's who have lost their way. Be true to the Savior. His arms are always extended towards all those who will come unto Him.
Konie thank you so much for the amazing package. I enjoyed the scriptures that were attached to each item. I shared the spoils with the Elders at the meeting with Elder Christensen which put big smiles on their faces. Sister Vathauer was grateful as she is enjoying the many treats. Kendal I enjoyed your letter. Look for correspondence to come via snail mail.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Love always and forever
Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment