Monday, October 4, 2010

What a roller-a-coaster- September 27

Hi Everyone!
This past week where to start. I know the field trip we took to the Dentist. Yup I got to take another companion to a doctor’s office. I had # 16 break and there was an old mission president in Deer Park who offered to fix it for me. What a relief. When we got there Brandi was my dental assistant and was so kind and patient with me. I have never enjoyed the Dentist however she became a great friend over the next two hours. The Dr. Baites wished my wisdom teeth had been removed before my mission. =) Somehow I had escape but the day had caught up to me. He decided that it was in my best interest to pull the tooth. Here's the missionary moment. Brandi is not a member. At first she was a little hesitant about me being a Sister Missionary and kept calling me by my first name which is so weird by the way. We quickly became friends. I was able to ask Dr. Baites for a blessing which was a great comfort to me. It was surprising to her that I would just ask. Then when my tooth would not come out the Dr. left the room and as I was inhaling gas Brandi and I felt the Spirit as we discussed her marriage and only being married once and I expressed this same desire and talked about the temple. She told me I made her day and was glad I broke my tooth so I was there on Tuesday. We have the opportunity to share the gospel where ever we are.
The next few days I was in pain and Sister Vathauer did an amazing job of being patient with me. The times were I wasn't sick (leaving out the details) we were able to see miracles. All week I had been praying to be the answer to someone’s prayers everyday and that both parties would recognize the answer to the prayer. It came that first night with 7 year old Thomas who prayed after hearing we would not be able to make dinner at their home that we would still be able to come. Unbeknown to me I felt strongly impressed we should still go. The smile on this little boys face when we walked into their home was priceless. The Lord answers prayers and he has given me the strength to get with the program despite the physical limitations I experienced this last week. When we went out to Sprague this last Friday George offered up an addendum to my opening prayer that a miracle would happen in my mouth that the pain would leave because I deserved it as he put it. It was like one of those magic moments in the movies. It was gone. There is still some discomfort but no pain and no pain medications were needed. His faith astounded me. Prayers are answered.
Now the exciting news. Grace was baptized! On Sept. 11!!!! Jenn sent me a cute update which included this little tid bit of information. Second exciting information- Bob is on date to be baptized on October 23. He accepted my invitation on the condition that God and him find an agreement. So please include him in your prayers and fasting that he receives his answer. Anna his sweet wife had tears come to her eyes as he accepted and her jaw open. She has waited and prayed for that day and the days to come for a long time. She is waiting for him to go to the temple. I felt so excited that I could have launched into outer space. On Sunday they were both at Church. Bob cleans up really nice. I gave them the biggest embrace- Anna a hug and Bob a handshake. I love them. It what motivated him to commit. I found in our supply box a large print copy of the Book of Mormon and the strongest impression came that it was his. The other sisters had ordered it but their dear old lady had passed away and we have been driving with it in the trunk of the car for the past few weeks. Miracles happen. He was so excited to have a copy he could hold and see. More to come.
If you didn't watch RS Broadcast get online. What an amazing experience to hear from the prophet! This quote has struck with me, "Charity is Love in Action." That is w
hat this work is. Love motivates us to change like no other factor. I know this is God's work to bring happiness to the lives of His children. Hope you are all finding ways to share your testimonies with others.
Love you all more than you know and your love and encouragement keeps me going.
Love always
Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment