Monday, October 4, 2010

Another Amazing week- oops completed- September 7

Hi Everyone!
Things are happening here. It's fantastic. We had 6 investigators at Church Sunday. That is a big thing around here and could see how the Lord was blessing us for our hard work and for these sweet souls wanting to learn and become more.
This last week I learned a lot about fear and apathy. We encounter so many interesting people but what holds us back from truly sharing the most important thing we have- fear. Ourselves. This week I am doing- because try is not what we do. In a lesson with four roommates when asked to read 2Ne 31- they said I'll try. I just raised my eyebrows and responded on a football team do you try? One young man responded no. It's just like Nike - You just do it. It applies to everything. Missionary work, school, or just plain life. It required us to do.
We are living and learning. 6 wards in Moscow was a task but it's just as hard with 2. Balancing the work between both wards is an interesting dilemma we are facing. The work is here it just using our time to meet all the needs.
There is a family here I have really come to love and have taken an interest in sharing the gospel with. The first time was an interesting encounter, the second we saw an act of faith by the young man offering the prayer, there was hope. Then we received a cancellation and no show but me I had the thought one afternoon while tracting to go over and see how one of the daughters first day of school was. It was on the surface the whole time and I just kept engaging the young man in conversation. I am really impressed with his wisdom for being in this early 20's. He said we could come back. We did and no answer but luckily Sister V heard some noise in the back so we went towards the backyard and he saw us and invited us back to roast marshmallows with him and his other sister. It was like girls camp bearing testimony and addressing concerns of why the children of this part member family had stopped meeting and learning more about the gospel. He asked why we were serving. Each of us bore every unique testimony. Mine was love and we were able to bring some healing and open a window where a door had been closed. It is truly amazing how it all goes with timing and being able to show genuine interest.
This a scripture that has been more meaningful to me the last week as I have left fear and walk more with faith to allow myself to let these people who I serve amongst into my heart as I share something I treasure with them. The gospel message is of great importance to everyone. Find time to fulfill your mission and you'll feel the sweetest joy.
2Nephi 1:15 But behold, the Lord hath redeemed my soul from hell; I have beheld his glory, and I am encircled about eternally in the arms of his love.


Love you all bunches and hope that school is off to a great start. EWU doesn't start for another couple of weeks but winter/fall is here to stay. Everyone loves pointing out how good, meaning a lot of snow fall, we are going to have and how I have never experienced a winter. I am in my own refiners fire and will go and do.

Have a great week and don"t forget to pray.

Love always Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment