Monday, October 4, 2010

It's fall and school is back in!!!- September 20

Hi Everyone!
Thank you so much for the letters I have received this month! It really lifts my heart when I can feel your love and support through written words on a page.
So we survived transfers. Sister Vathauer and I will be serving here in Cheney for another 6 fantastic weeks! We have tons of laughs as we work alongside each other. We are focusing on finding people to teach and hopefully will be able to coordinate something with the YSA mission leader on campus. It was so exciting despite the new cold (alright cool) temperatures to see the leaves changing colors and falling and students arriving back to campus for another school year. I hope BYUH is off to a great start.
This last week in my zone is called Miracle week. It is a morale booster for the 6th week rut. It was amazing because we actually called in to be a part of the miracle hot-line phone call this past Wednesday. Each Day has miracles to make up the miracle week, shocked I know but it was amazing to see. We were out campus contacting and then it began to rain we found these two guys taking refuge under a tree. They had nowhere to run as the down fall increased. It just made me smile. As the sun came out they blotted but we felt that we had been in the right place at the right time. Now for what we called in for - one of the roommates prayed! In our lesson that went much smoother this time, B was invited to pray at the end. He said he would and when we got to the end, he nor the others except Sister Vathauer and I remembered. I finally said to him just read the prayer off the page and we'll all close our eyes. By the end the Spirit was so sweet as this young man offered up gratitude for us coming to teach him and his roommates and for his life. It was beautiful, sincere and humble. He knew who he was addressing and it was if it were the only the two of them and we just got to witness. His one roommate commented, Man were you free lancing? It was a truly memorable moment.
I lost my sticky with my notes of what I was going to share. Oops.
One other miracle from this last week- Kina. We went back to do service in her yard. It looked amazing. I cleaned out her flowerbed of weeds and grass and I could see the fruits of my labor. We she got home she was overwhelmed with gratitude and shocked at all we were able to accomplish in 2 hours with the other set of Sisters and a member of the ward. She bought us lunch. I was privileged to say the blessing on the food and as I did Kina began to cry. It was one of those moments you could feel the Spirit touching her heart. As we serve each other your love grows. It's one of these amazing concepts. We shared more about the importance of the family. She's going to hear more about the gospel from the other set of Sisters who cover where she lives.
Blessings I've seen for me - Sister Perrin's made me bread I can eat. It is amazing. I got to eat biscuits with fresh honey out of the backyard at the Davis home. The members here are amazing and have the biggest hearts. It's amazing to labor here in Cheney. I getting to know more about what I believe as I share my testimony with others. It’s that whatever you lose, you'll gain. I feel myself being stretched and my character becoming stronger as I serve the God I love.
I hope you are all doing well and sharing the gospel with those around you.
Love you bunches.
Love Your
Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment