Thursday, February 17, 2011

11/15/2010=I know my Savior lives!

Hi everyone!
We had our family ward primary program yesterday! It was beautiful. The title of the email was their theme. It was amazing and the Spirit was there so strong. They together taught the first lesson of PMG with their own sweet testimonies and songs. It was a great feeling to know these amazing souls and to see them exercise their faith in such a simple and profound way. Wayne enjoyed it and found it entertaining as well.
This last week has been humbling. Trying to rebuild the YSA ward teaching pool has presented to be more of a challenge than I would care to admit. I found myself in prayer this morning trying to find what it is that needs to change. I felt impressed to read my notes from the MTC when Elder Holland came to speak. It reminded me of the feelings and the things I specifically needed to pray for. I was reminded of the request he made of me that I felt with my whole being is that you should return from your mission with one convert you. I continually feel this happening in my life. Becoming truly converted requires my willingness and all you can do sometimes is continue to move forward and to work. Reading the Book of Mormon this time is truly strengthening my witness that this is true. I feel it as I read and as I testify. On Sunday we had an amazing 3rd by Brother Moss in the YSA ward. He broke down Modesty. Every commandment is spiritual so why don't we obey. We don't understand the eternal principle. It's all about eternal families. We are given guidelines but their are eternal consequences. Our self-judgment requires us to act and that allows us to grow spiritually. Agency. It's knowing who you are - a son or daughter of God. I can't express how impacting his lesson was but the Spirit testified to me that all this is for our eternal families. We choose individually but our consequences affect our eternal families. The gospel is getting us back to live with the Father. So anyway of helping to invite people (our friends, family, check out people, the fast food attendant, our ancestors) to come to Christ is worth it. Begin with an end in mind. Eternity- the closest thing to knowing that is the temple.

We finally got into a less active lady's house in Tyler. The Spirit came so strong as we invited her to read the Book of Mormon. She desires her family to be sealed. I can see why. She has to precious children and a husband who loves her. I am always humbled at the things I am able to promise through the Spirit of the things that will come into people’s lives if they will act on the invitations we give them. I felt love for this family and all that awaits them. I know there is hope if we will be the example of living the gospel. Miracles happen in our lives as we show our conversion to the Lord through the trail of our faith. I promised her that her husband would be ready to receive the gospel as she reads the Book of Mormon from cover to cover. This is such an amazing experience to love and feel the love our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have for the people here and how much they want to bless all of us if we come unto Him.

One tender mercy of this past week was Matt. Campus Contacting is a great way to meet YSA. The Spirit gravitated Sister Vathauer and I to him. My response to the impression, Can we go to the guitar guy. He was playing his Christian alternative music. We had a great lesson right in the open quad. We are hoping that we can meet with him and his friend this week.

Trisha and Wayne made us our first Thanksgiving dinner. It was amazing. We were not expecting the feast that was prepared. We are so grateful to them being willing to listen and they have a lot of things that they need to live before they can be baptized. One of which is the Word of Wisdom. Wayne has finally picked a date to quit smoking 12/1/10!!!! I am excited for them. It makes it all worth it to see the light come on in their eyes.

Bob is doing great. He is preparing to receive the Aaronic priesthood. It's amazing to see him progress in the gospel and to feel and seethe changes in him after becoming a member. It's such a witness of conversion.

District meeting the last two weeks I've had the opportunity to teach with Elder Kitchen and Elder Wilson. It is way different but have been able to learn a lot. I am getting more comfortable with using analogies and inviting people to be called Sister and Brother.

While am off to another great week. Oh Yeah this last week we had our first snow fall. Bob called to tell us to go outside and play in it. I couldn't get myself to leave the warmth of the fire burning stove in Sister Floyd's den. But it did put a smile on my face.

This week - Sister Vathauer's birthday is Friday. I am plotting something with Trisha for a surprise dinner for her. Wayne is trying to bust us but to no avail. I am glad I can do something fun for her and well have interviews this week. Am looking forward to seeing President Palmer.

Love you all bunches. Thank you so much for all your support and prayers. I know this is God's work.
Love always and forever,
Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment