Thursday, February 17, 2011

12/27/2010- Dear Santa

Dear Santa I can explain...
There was no time for a letter this year. =) We were busy tracting in the snow.

Hi Everyone. Mele Kalikimaka. Thank you to everyone who made Christmas amazing for me. There were plenty of members here who added to the celebration of the Saviors birth for us. I got a glimpse of what it's like to be a multiple. 4 Sisters and identical but individual presents. It was fun. I even received a package for USPS from Santa. It was truly a special time to be His representative. I have never enjoyed Christmas more. While people were not receptive to our message they were kinder in there rejections and more people smiled and waved back as we passed them on the street. Two Christmas Eve miracles. We were able to get the ward involved to help one our investigators son's have Christmas. Sister Powell did an amazing job at throwing it together a day and half before Christmas. It was exciting to see Sister Hirata enjoy her first American Christmas included with the giving, not to mention over eating. It was a truly amazing time as we delivered the box of goodies and presents. The mom of this little boy was so grateful. Next miracle was finding Cathy. We had been tracting and had no success. Members were out preparing last minute things and my toes were cold despite all these events I felt this strong impression to knock on this one door. We knocked and Cathy came and was so pleased to see us. She use to have more contact with the Sisters. We invited her to the Powell Christmas Eve Dinner, included with the Nativity and all the fun of having 11 kids. She came and brought her 2 year old daughter. We later found out that Sister May is her daughter's preschool teacher. Sister May was ecstatic and is excited to get involved inviting her to other activities. Sister May is amazing woman. I've been truly blessed to meet her. Her son is serving in Atlanta, GA and made an excellent team teacher at our lessons this past week. Go Sister May. Way to be.

Christmas Day Debbie had us over to open presents and have breakfast. I created a couple of Dream about Angels crafts for her to enjoy. We had a blast talking to everyone on the phone. I know my morale was boasted from hearing everyone excitement and love. The Hulls signed up to have us over for dinner and shortly after we were dropped off at the Anderson's for dinner number two. Don's son Keith has stage for cancer and is struggling in his plight to help his son (please remember them in your prayers) while all that was going on he took the time to pull out the Christmas decorations and made the house beautiful for his other daughters (his Sisters).Peggy his wife had us 4 Sisters for the evening. She teased me how I join families. It's true.=) George Kiddoo finished the Book of Mormon by Christmas! I gave him the invitation in August. He did it! =) He called and left me a message right after he finished. It's amazing how our lives get woven together. We also got to go and see Trisha and Wayne and girls. It was special to be with them and share about the Savior's birth. I meet Trisha's mom and expressed my love and friendship for her daughter. She appreciated it. She told me that she has heard a lot about me and Sister Vathauer. =)

Zone Conference was amazing. It's something I always anticipate. It's so much fun to see the Elders and feel of their strength and love. The sweet Sisters from the Spokane Stake, who prepared lunch for us expressed their gratitude for my food allergies because they were able to prepare a health lunch for the Elders too. We got broccoli!=) I enjoyed it. Testimony meeting was powerful. When the time got turned over to us after Sister Palmer's present to us of a slide show of the mission(coming soon to Savanna, maybe it can be posted on the blog. It's beautiful). My own words came back to my thoughts, I'll give Him my witness as my gift. I shared my witness with some amazing Elders. The Spirit was there and you knew He lives.

I hope you all had an amazing Christmas. Hope you took time to find a place for the Savior in your heart all year long. The gospel truly changes lives so allow it to change yours. Happy New Year. Be safe. Make goals that are obtainable.
Love always
Your Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment