Thursday, February 17, 2011

11/22/2010- I am in a Snow Globe!

Hi Everyone! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!
It may be fall but the weather outside is saying winter. There is Snow everywhere. I had my first opportunity to shovel snow this morning. It is truly beautiful but a hassle to drive into. I like being ready and able to warm up the car and swept off the snow. We got a brand new Malibu with 41 miles on it last Monday. Elder Davenport told us it was the coveted new car by the zone leaders and AP's but that he had someone special in mind. Luckily it was us! I am being a much more cautious driver having been entrusted with it. We only had 33,800 miles or so on our old car. What a blessing to be so well taken care of. We saw a tender mercy as my prayers were answered for the weather to allow us safe travel to and from Sprague this last week.
We got to attend the ward council meeting for the ward mission plan for this next year here. It's amazing how much effort goes into the Lord's work and the willingness of those that attended. Each of us varies in what we are willing to do. It's always remarkable to me how much of ourselves we are willing to give to the Lord. It was neat to feel the Spirit of Missionary Work take hold. This week we were blessed with the Joseph Smith Prophet of the Restoration DVD and the much sought after Only a Stone Cutter (Bob had asked to see). We watched the Joseph Smith movie with Trisha and Wayne and the girls. I was the decoy for the scary parts. Everyone here is getting sick with colds and flu bugs. Luckily we have both been able to remain healthy to keep engaging in this great work. We stopped by Trisha and Wayne's Saturday to find Trisha sick. Wayne volunteered to pray and asked for Trisha to be well so she could come to church Sunday. It was a great witness of his faith. Sunday came and Trisha was still under the weather but he came to church on his own. It's remarkable to see the change in them.
We've done a lot of teaching outside in the cold this week. We meet a lot of smokers. So we know we have a good 5 minutes to talk to them. Friday night we got into Cheney and decided to start contacting all the YSA who do not have their photo in the directory. I thought Sis. V had said 234 so when she knocked on 233 I asked her why. 233 was where the member lived, who was not home so we simultaneously knocked on both and Cody came to the door at 234. He talked to us. His friends are on missions right know and then we asked him if he wanted a Book of Mormon. He did. We ran back to the car and came back bundled up and talked to him on his front doorstep. It was amazing as his questions came to the surface as we invited him to read. It was truly a miracle. Cody wasn't ready to schedule any return appointment but said we could stop by again.
Sister Vathauer's birthday was amazing! Trisha and Wayne and our ward mission leader were able to pull off a surprise dinner for her. It was awesome. The members were amazing in making it a special day for her.
Check out these profound scriptures. While in companionship study we found a quote by Elder Bednar (sp) about God's work and our work. Moses 1:39 and D&C 11:40. We been sharing this as our spiritual thought. Each time we walk away with new insights. It seems to be when we find a thought we like we use it over and over but fortunately it is so different each time.
I am so grateful to have all of you in my life. For the experiences I've had that have developed me into the person I am today and that the Lord can use them to help His children learn of Him. I know that Jesus is the Christ. We can all have this same witness by reading from the Book of Mormon. I am grateful to have been blessed with a divine witness that this is truth. The gospel of Jesus Christ has been the leading influence in who I am today. I am so amazed at how blessed I am. Thank you to everyone who supports, encourages, loves and prays for me. I know that my life is truly blessed because I know all of you.
Be safe and enjoy the Holidays.
Love always
Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment