Thursday, February 17, 2011

October 26-This week is busy

Hi Everyone!
I'll send more pictures next week we went to the temple today! It was good just to feel at peace. We have recently had an increase in the YSA ward teaching pool. Thank you for all your prayers. We have been bolder in our invitations to be baptized.
Zone Conference really reminded us of the importance of the Book of Mormon. President Palmer gave each missionary a new blue Book of Mormon and has challenged us to read it by Christmas. As we read we are highlighting all the references to Jesus Christ. It is amazing. I want to challenge all of you to read the Book of Mormon by 2/14/2011. It will bless your life whatever you are lacking or desiring in your life right know will be answered within those pages. It is the tool to conversion.
Thank you for all your prayers for Bob. He got his answer through a burning bush. Yup that's right and he captured it on camera. It was a sun dog. It’s a reflection of the Sun on a cloud that made the tree appear to be on fire. It was truly the Holy Ghost that gave him his confirmation but just another fun miracle! Picture to come through Brother Ames. Bob's baptism was amazing. The Spirit was so strong. You could see the light in his countenance and his conversion in his eyes. He knew it was true there were so many moments I wish I could express. It comes down to its true. If we have a real desire to know as it talks about in the introduction to the Book of Mormon you will know it’s true.
I love this work. The love I felt from and for Bob's family increased as we witnessed his mighty change of heart. My soul has been enlarged as we have taught him and seen who he has become.
Quick notes of interest: Allred family I meet Elder Williams from Hawaii. It was fun experience. We couldn’t quite place how we were supposed to know each other. :)
Darvil =thank you for the letter. It really made me smile.
Ryan Martz= congrats on being engaged.=)
Tara- Congrats on being sealed this week.
Tre - Love you bunches. I lit up when I saw the colored envelope. Hope school is going well.
If Brother Rowberry can be contacted- thank you for helping the young man from here. =)
The work is going great here and I know it's worth it. Thank you to everyone for your support and sacrifices you make on my behalf and the prayers that are offered up for me and for the people here. It really does make a difference and prayers are answered.
Love you all bunches. Keep striving to live the gospel it's worth it.
Love always and forever
Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment