Monday, February 21, 2011

Another Week! 9 months and counting- Jan 31

Aloha Everyone.
The snow has melted but the temperatures have dropped again. Not thrilled. I was finally adapting to the 30's as warm and less layers.
My Birthday was a blast. I'll have to get the pictures from Sister Ginos. Trisha and the Sisters planned a surprise party for me. I was difficult at all. Yeah right. I gave them a hard time all along the way. Asking questions and finding loops in their explanations. Wayne was more surprised when he got home than I was. I love it. Nicole made a gluten free, milk free cake that was delicious. Thanks Savanna for the cake mix. Thanks for everyone remembering my day. You guys all make it special because am loved by so many. Know that your loved by me and your thoughts, prayers, cards, letters, etc. are appreciated so much. Sister Hughes was a great sport about having her preparation day be Sister Peck's birthday celebration.

Tyler is amazing. He taught us the Plan of Salvation. He even made his own props and I was so impressed with him. Later in the week we were able to talk about the resurrection and patriarchal blessings. It answered one of his concerns of how do we know where we are going because life is this cycle of do's that just keep repeating. It is amazing to see his understanding grow. He also had one of his in depth questions answered simple in the gospel principles manual. That is such an amazing resource.

Justin prayed out loud for the first time. Jason doesn't want to meet with Elders. It is always something. President was so prompt in answering my email last week I got a call from him on my birthday. Normally Sister Palmer is the only one we get to hear from and I was blessed with both. He talked about how much Sister Palmer cares about me and how she didn't want to forget my day because of transfers and new missionaries. She didn't! Anyways we'll get to teach with the Assistants in trying to transition Jason over to the Elders. Hopefully that will all work out. We are also going to get to do exchanges tomorrow!! I am excited to work with Sister Naylor and for her to give me some insight into those we are working with here. Sister Hughes was nervous, but she was finally starting to feel like she was getting to know people and where things are. It's only for a day. And exchanges for Sisters is a big deal. =)

Tracy is amazing. Her countenance is changing so much. She is asking meaningful questions and beginning to want to understand more. Mckenna signed up to fed us on a missionary moment night to invite those not of our faith over. She didn't have anyone and so we asked to invite Tracy. She was so appreciative. It was fun to see her light up and to meet new people. So ask the missionaries who they are teaching and invite them to dinner. Great opportunity. We also were able to see how in-tune Tracy is already with the Spirit. She has had some amazing experiences. The Spirit came so strong in her home as we read from the scriptures and we all we able to have our understanding increase. I found how much prayer is an evaluation of what has been understood during a lesson. It truly shows what has been taught through the Spirit as one you teach prays. It is such a tender mercy.

We are trying to build our teaching pool. Especially after being chastised by our new Zone Leader- We are doing a lot more to be organized and facilitate missionary work with our wards. I've seen the blessings already. We are praying to find YSA women to teach and the Lord lead us to Brianna. She was waiting at a less actives apartment waiting for him to resurface. She was beautiful. We got talking. She is attending U of I and I love Moscow. She was taken back. Found out she was told that if you weren't a Mormon you can't go to church there. I told yes she is invited and two the all our church buildings say visitors welcome. We were able to call the Elders in Moscow and hopefully they have contacted her. She had been thinking she needed to go back to Church. The Lord is truly aware of his children.
I have learned a lot about the power of repentance this last week. We are working with a young man here who wants to come back. I've had friends like him who have strayed but in his eyes you can see the glimmer of hope that this is true and that there is power in the atonement to heal and be forgiven. I was inspired to bring a copy of "Lost and Found" a card with my favorite Greg Olsen picture of the Savior and a young man. I gave it to him and he saw himself in the picture. I loved it. It was a moment I'll treasure forever. The Spirit is so strong in his lessons and he is so willing to do whatever is asked of him. He even came to the 9 am session of Stake Conference because we invited him. Stake Conference here was beautiful. The Special Session Tracy and Jackson came, along with Tyler too. Jackson paid attention to Robert Mormon. He as recent convert. Wow. He gets it. He talked about authority and how he knew that Joseph Smith was given that authority and how it is still here. It was beautiful.

Way excited for the work. Sister Hughes' excitement has caught a hold of me. We caught Mike's and Nicole's family cold but we are still engaged in the work. This gospel is true. If you are struggling find your knees and pray. The answers will come. The atonement is real. Love is powerful. Remember the are 14 more days to finish the Book of Mormon. I can't wait to hear your experiences with reading it this time and the miracles you have witnessed.
Love you all more than you know.
Love your Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment