Thursday, February 17, 2011

12/13/2010- Transfers Brings Change

Hi Everyone,
Just to fill everyone transfers are in and I am moving. Not that far just to the other side of Cheney! It's bitter sweet. I am leaving behind my family ward. But picking up a lot of work in the YSA ward. There are 3 on dates so it will be amazing to work with them to help them prepare for baptism. Sister Hirata and I will be companions. This is her last transfer of her outbound. She is a temple square sister. I am moving into the apartment. Address to come next week. I'll be doing a lot more walking in the elements. This week has been warm in the 30-40 degrees. I am wearing a couple less layers. Today will be emotional as I go and say goodbyes to Anna and Bob and Trisha, Wayne and the girls. Brother Kiddoo lives out in Sprague so I'll just call. Sister Vathauer is way excited because she'll be training this transfer. Can't wait to see who she gets tomorrow.

This last week was good. We had miracles. One lady who we have been trying to contact for months finally let us in. The Spirit was so strong in her apartment. She still wasn't willing to change and come back but was able to say where she is on her journey. She felt ashamed and embarrassed but we welcomed her back. We heart attacked her and another family in the ward that has recently been reactivated with blessings of attending sacrament meeting on the different hearts. It might not count in the data collected at the end of the week but it felt so good to share love in a way of encouragement. It was good that I finally listened to the prompting and did it especially now that I won't be their missionary. I saw the look of gratitude as I passed by the father of the one family Sunday. It's amazing what it does to know people believe in you and that you're loved.

Please keep Don Anderson's son in your prayers. His name is Keith Donald Anderson. He was just diagnosed with stage four cancer. Don has sought help from his new faith and is extending an invitation for his son to receive a blessing. I don't know how to express what peace that brings. Except for I know the power of the priesthood.

The family who let us in last week, where the lady was intoxicated, was an interesting adventure. The live outside of Cheney and they weren't as receptive when we went out earlier in the week but she invited us to come on her day off. It work! Last night as I offered up a prayer, I knew I was exercising my faith to use the miles to go out there without a set appointment in hopes that they'd listen. She did! I grew out the steps of the gospel. She asked questions about the different steps. It was beautiful. Most the time we have to offer the things we bring and invite them to hang them up. She was so eager she asked for it, and had her daughter hang it on the wall where her youngest son can not reach it. When she talked of how important her children are to her we explained that our families can be sealed. I left smiling as her words replayed in my head that's what I want. I want my family sealed. =)

Sunday, Sister Floyd, the daughter in law of the Sister Floyd, gave a beautiful talk on faith. She said how God has this amazing way of being able to answer prayers that allow all of His children to be blessed. She said to more profoundly but that expresses the main idea. I loved it. I know that prayers are answered.

We had an amazing week with Trisha and Wayne. One because Trisha had us assist in making Christmas Chocolate Goodness. She has discovered was to make milk free fudge with coconut milk! Two was Trisha fasted for 4 days and made a deal with God, even though she said she didn't that her inquiry to know will be answered by 2/14/11. That she'll know what she needs to do. Trisha and Wayne have become a part of the ward. Trisha said I threw her under the bus because I whispered to Suzy to grab Trisha on the way up to sing the R.S. hymn in sacrament meeting. She could hear me which I am sure is no surprise. It's a great feeling to see those you invite to change belong. Wayne likes teasing us about the people who pretend like their not home. He even included it in his prayer that we would be able to contact those who dodge the Sisters.
All in all good week! I am starting to feel better so thanks for all the prayers that are offered in my behalf. Pictures to come. I love Christmas time. I am enjoying share my witness of Jesus Christ. I know He lives and I know he brings healing to the wounds we cannot see. Love you all bunches.

Love Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment