Monday, February 21, 2011

It's Cold outside and the gospel is still true- Jan 10

Aloha Everyone.
It's four weeks into the transfer and I am still meeting those that we are teaching. It's crazy just because the holiday season is over we are still trying to contact those from before. We finally got back in contact with Jason. Still don't know his last name. He is very inquisitive and ask questions for understanding. I love that. He is taking the initiative to learn the gospel. We invited him to be baptized. He said he will but won't set a date because that is like marriage. He's got a point and understands the commitment he'll be making with the Lord! That excites me. There are so many wonderful young people it amazes me.

Tracy came to Church for the first time yesterday! I was over joyed! She looked uncomfortable at first but as the block continued she just lights up. You could see it in her smile.

We spent a lot of time with Mike and family this week. They are amazing. I am trying to have faith that Mike will make his date for this Saturday. Last night we witnessed a miracle. On Friday we had training with our Zone and we learned about concerning needs. I've been praying to be able to help Mike with his concerns and while we were there his home teachers came last night. They did such a great job and we just got to watch. After they left we invited Mike to pray to know if this is true. He was reluctant and hesitant as he offered up his words but was able to exercise his faith at the end and he asked. Now we are waiting on the answer and Mike. I have really come to love their family. I've been dreaming about them dressed in white in the temple. It is the most beautiful sight. That is truly a witness to me that Mike will act and that the temple is where God wants all of His children.
Tyler is the newest member of the YSA ward here! What a week. So Tyler's facebook message was responded with text messages from his mom. He was thrilled to later in the week receive a note in the mail that she is happy for him that he has found God and that she is in the same journey. I am sure the Lord is preparing her for missionaries soon to find her. Maybe sooner than later. Tyler was so excited. Watching him change and witnessing his baptism was beautiful and eventful. The building was locked and our keys didn't work. Luckily, our Bishop in the first ward came to our rescue and helped us fill the font. I had to graciously accept the help but in hindsight it helped to know I wasn't on my own. Then speakers and choristers were no shows, it happens when EWU is playing in the championship game and one of the Bishopric members baby is sick. But the ward just stepped in and everything went smoothly. Tyler was unaware of the changes. Watching Tyler come into the water with the most sober look and then waiting for the all good- His face just beamed. It was a terrific moment. Sunday he gave us a scare when we didn't see him in the congregation to be confirmed. Luckily it was Ward Conference and time was stalled until he got there. It was amazing to watch him sustain the leadership of the Church. I don't know how to describe it other than you feel joy.

Leadership training was amazing. President and Sister Palmer were there. I love being able to learn how to accomplish the Lord's work and how to follow the Spirit more closely.

This is Sister Hirata's last week. She'll return to temple square next Wednesday. Next Tuesday will be preparation day and we'll be able to attend the temple.
Hope you are all finding ways to share the gospel and that your testimonies are growing. Remember the Book of Mormon challenge. 2/14/11. You'll find amazing treasures as you read and finish by then. Please send me your experiences as you complete it. I know that book is true. It brings such power into our lives. I felt the power of conversion that comes from reading it and how it has the power to changes lives as I've shared with others. One treasure I acquired this Sunday was that it is about families and relationships and how we can strengthen ours. Continue to be faithful.
Love you all bunches
Love always,
Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment