Thursday, February 17, 2011

11/8/2010= Am not superman but I am a missionary!

Hi Everyone the last week has been amazing.
Transfer calls are in and all four Sisters are staying in Cheney in the same companionship's.
So after P-day last week. We had a blast doing the work here.
Wednesday was amazing. We had a lesson with Trisha and Wayne and we had a lesson on the importance of ending our prayers in the Name of Jesus Christ. I was the decoy for the girls with coloring pages and crayons but Wayne's response of why was beautiful - Because he is the Savior. His light is increasing and you can see the change in his countenance. They got a double dose of us as they had dinner at Bob and Anna's that evening. It was amazing being able to see them all interact and the Spirit work with all of them. Trisha got to see she isn't the only one who gives us a hard time and we were able to finally teach them the plan of salvation. We are now planning on setting up a temple visit with them and some of the ward members. Should be interesting. This was the day I finally sought help for my ears. It took a few days to get a doctor to prescribe me something yet we have seen many miracles as my body continues to be my humbling agent.
Thursday- Paper work. We helped Brother Sampson, our ward mission leader get organized and coordinated. We have really seen ward participation in missionary work take off. We have been inviting all the members of our ward to read the Book of Mormon by 2/14/11. It's been amazing. We have really been focusing on the Book of Mormon as the tool to help in conversion. Even with the active members. It's building momentum! Chase, one the roommates asked how does this apply to me. At some point we have to just be willing to try it out. Luke is doing great and is still on date for November 20th. We are hoping he can gain his witness by then. But I have seen it happen before. The act of faith and then the assurance comes. Just like with tithing or any other principle of the gospel. Living it gives us the witness that personal to our own circumstances.
Friday- Sprague -Miles has been struggling with his back. But when he heard I needed a blessing he was moved to action. It was the sweetest Spirit in his home as Brother Tulett and Miles administered the blessing. My fail moments or lows or pains are being used to build His Kingdom here. I love it. I had the greatest assurance that am where am suppose to be helping His children hear what He wants for them. On our way back to Cheney we stopped by Anna and Bob's. Bob had craved beautiful ornaments for us. Mine were butterflies that were originally in the scrap pile but had been sanded and oiled now. That made them more valuable to me. That there is hope. It hard to explain but it just struck me. Almost like the story of the touch of the Master's hand.
Saturday- We got to go on another field trip to get me antibiotics. That evening at trunk or treat reminded me of how fitting it was that I was bundled up with cotton in my ears and enduring the cold like when I was little. We had a great turn out. Trisha and Wayne came with the girls and they even provided us with buckets to go around too. I was able to identify a little boy of a family we continually are trying to reach out and build trust for. And a young women who lives with members, who we are trying to teach was seeking us out. We were so ecstatic. Oh and when they mean it starts at 7 they mean it. The whole thing was done and over and the parking lot cleared out by 7:35 pm. It was amazing.
Sunday- Miracle outward expression of inward change. Are you ready??? Wayne wore a white shirt and a tie to Church! =) We are just beaming.
The work is great here and I am excited to continue moving it along. The wards are not only catching the colds but most importantly the missionary bug. I know that this is Jesus Christ work. I am coming to know Him more as I am reading the Book of Mormon with a purpose. Love you all bunches. Keep praying for your own missionary experiences. And share them please. I love and feel all your prayers in my behalf. Thank you.
Love your
Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment