Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy Valentine’s Day- Feb 14

Aloha Everyone,
So it's been another week. Oh how the times flies. Sister Hughes is a blast. It serving with your best friend. We laugh at the chaos and mishaps and illness and look forward with optimism for the next day. She has the patience to deal with our new ward mission leader, which I currently lack. Oh Vey. But I am praying for an out of the box experience. It will happen.
I hope you have all made your Mormon.org profiles. And that you're finishing the Book of Mormon today! I am excited to hear about your experiences.

Tyler passed the sacrament for the first time on Sunday. He is amazing. I can't believe the joy that comes from seeing one progress in the gospel. He is so willing to do whatever is asked of him. I've also come to know how much culture is involved in the church. I am learning that not everyone knows what a bishopric is and how we tend to over look our ventricular and corks of normal. We truly are a peculiar people.

We finally got into to see Ray again! We found out his hesitance to start this process over again. He has humored other missionaries before after being devastated 7 years ago of not being baptized on the day he had set. It's complicated and has offense that has built a wall over the years. But I saw a little more clearly the power of our influence on people as missionaries and members of the Church. We have an impact in all aspects of our lives. It is so important to live what we believe not only Sundays because people see who we are and what we are about. He's got potential and I told him would do the lessons the non kosher way. Seeking inspiration.

Mike is on date again. This time we are investing a lot more in helping him succeed. He needs prayers. He is struggling and feeling left behind. He even had a dream about it. We found out because Mike was not at Church again. We went over after all our meetings and chatted about how sometimes we can be the obstacle in our own path to happiness. It was truly amazing the Spirit that came as we expressed our love and concern for him and that we believe in him. We left sticky notes all over their house. Notes of encouragement. Sticky's have made my mission. They let someone know you care and that you were there.
I still have hope in Mike to make it. I have a feeling he'll be baptized on the same day as his son. I realized how much responsibility we have to help him reach his potential. Now we're cheerleaders too.

The YSA have been amazing in wanting to participate in missionary efforts here. Now we need to find people to teach.

On Thursday Sister Hughes had an allergic reaction and her face swelled and turned puffy. What an adventure. Luckily the Assistants came to help us transition Jason, who unfortunately did not make his lesson, and were able to get blessings. I love the priesthood. I see it's power in my life and the lives these young Elders who I serve amongst. In my blessing it talked of how I would be a beacon of light. It was profound and simple. I know whose light I am to emulate- Christ. He lives and I know Him. He is in the details of His work and in our lives. In a lesson this week I made this statement but as I ponder it I see more and more how I need to live it. He (Jesus Christ) took a chance on us so let us take a chance on Him. I love this gospel and know that it is true. He gives me strength and tolerance and acceptance but most important love and joy.

Hope you all have a great week. Know that your love strengths and lifts me.

Love you all bunches.
Forever and always
Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment