Thursday, February 17, 2011

12-6-2010= Weekly update

Aloha Friends and Family!
I forgot my camera cord this week. Oops. It was a rough morning. I've been sick for the last couple weeks. My memory seems to be going with it. But the Work continues to move forward. I've been so humbled. My priesthood blessing talked of me fulfilling my purpose even through illness however it would not be taken from me but to continue to focus on my Heavenly Father and increasing my faith in Jesus Christ. It really is submitting to His will and remembering your His.

Michelle is getting baptized on December 31, 2010!!!! I am so excited for her. We meet with her yesterday and her mom said she could and wondered if she was too old to convert. =) She didn't know which day to pick. I suggested the 31st. It beginning a new life and at the end of a year and being given the sealing gift of the Holy Ghost in the new year. What a way to start off the year. She is excited and ready. It's going to be such a blessing in her life.

Trisha and Wayne are amazing. We had an amazing lesson with Wayne this last week. He knows the gospel is true! Certain things have to happen before they can be baptized still but we'll continue to build their faith. We got to help them put up their Christmas tree. It's becoming something really reflective for me. To think about the Savior and what he has done for me and what I can possible give Him in return. The Christmas Devotional rang true for me last night. The gift I can give Him is my witness of Him. I know He lives and any sacrifice is worth it to obtain and maintain that knowledge. I love the story of the Grinch. Remember to allow your hearts to change and to remember the true meaning of Christmas.

Trisha, Wayne and the girls came to the Ward Christmas party, along with several others we had invited. That made us supper happy. We continually invite with no actual commitment or the list long of excuses. It was a miracle. We have been blessed with several new people to teach this last week.

One story I want to share, was feeling that we should stop at this one families home. We did. The mother was intoxicated and in tears. Their family is going through things I hope no one ever has to experience. I'll I could do for her was wrap my arms around her and tell her I love her. She just broke down. She wants to change to be better for her kids. We told her how the gospel could help her. Her husband has even warmed up to us. The listened and prayed with us. I felt like we were called there at that specific moment to comfort them. We were their angels that night.

Sunday I bore my testimony in the YSA ward. The other set of Sister's had investigators there who would not deter their eyes from me. It really surprised me. Even in Sunday School I was prompted to speak up and guide the lesson. I testified of Elder Holland and his call and his testimony of the Book of Mormon he gave October 2009. I was able to say how I was in the conference center and how it felt being in there. We need to look for how we feel when seeking truth.

Bob and Anna have invited us over for a sleigh ride and chili tonight. We are excited. I love this work. I know it is true. I know the Savior lives.
Thanks for the mail this last week. It really helped to uplift my Spirits. You know who you are.
Love always and forever
Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment