Monday, February 21, 2011

Goals- Feb 7

Hi Everyone!
Luckily my Spirits are high because all the snow melted over the night. That's a miracle and an answer to my prayers.

Sister Hughes have set our vision high. We make our weekly goals to reach the standard of excellence for the mission. This is a huge change for me. Wanting to surpass the exceptions set for us. The mission set a new goal for baptisms this year 1011. It's off to a great start. In order for the mission to reach this goal each of the 94 companionships can help by having one person prepared and baptized every month. For me to be excited about that is really change in vision. Before the mission anytime I heard baptisms is the purpose of missionary work I would become flustered. I still do sometimes to be quite honest. But this last week we had an amazing District meeting facilitated by Elder Nelson. He asked us what our purpose was in three words. He took us to the scriptures where we were taught by the Spirit that our purpose is to Establish the Church. That's our purpose to build up the kingdom of God on the Earth. It just resonated within me. Knowing what is accepted always clears the path way and the goals that help you get there. I am always looking for lifelong goals for my 101 things to do in this life. I found it. The mini goals that help us each eternal goals helps the sacrifices, the stretching, and the joy that much more meaningful. (D&C 100:5-8; 84:85). We get what we focus on. I really enjoyed teaching and understanding the temple and the assurance and promise of aiming our attention their. Our desires grow more sincere and the Spirit more evident in our lives. The desire to attend entices people to commitment and leave their old selves behind in order to reach their potential and to achieve their goals. I've seen this in my own life but most recently with the people here. When we have a righteous desire the Lord will endorse us to get there. That's why I have hope in the individuals Heavenly Father has entrusted to us. Witnessing the change in Jessica J., Mike G., Mike and Nicole, Justin, Jason and so many others you can't help but witness God's love for His children.
So not only did we have colds this past week but so did a lot of those we teach. We not only share the message we have but germs too. So it made it difficult to meet with Mike and Nicole and Tracy. This week should be better. Mike and Nicole expressed their desire to have the girls back in their home. I love it.
Tuesday I was privileged to have Sister Naylor on exchanges. She is amazing. She taught me more about planning out the details and anticipating changes. It's amazing to serve with such amazing young people who love the Lord and who get it. We saw so many miracles that day. From Johnathan, 7, who despises the Sisters, prayer who asked that we would come back and that he would be prepared to be baptized. Our pool of teaching little kids this last week increased by 4 families with children 12 and under. It's been an interesting time of patience to push through the chaos and invite the Spirit. But it happens.One little boy at dinner last night told me he didn't believe me. So the good news is that I am still being antagonized and staying on my toes but most importantly that I love what am doing. We found Leah and Ronald that night. Ronald was in a wheel chair and Lead was pushing a baby stroller with little Emma. We had the car and were deciding where to go and the impression kept coming get out and push him. The sense got stronger and stronger. I didn't even communicate my intentions but got out of the car and offered to push. It was my time to pay it forward. Ronald accepted the service gladly. It was a day of miracles and I am so glad for the promptings of the Spirit. We were able to share with them over the next couple of nights. They aren't ready for change but seeds have been planted and I know that my life is better because of knowing them.
Cheri came out with us Saturday. What was only suppose to be an hour of her day became the rest of her day. She was so willing to come and help us. We went from place to place and were able to reach people. It was beautiful. I love members who help us out. Cheri is amazing but we have had the most luck with having members who are always willing to serve.
Miracle - Tyler bore his testimony for the first time yesterday. He just glowed and had this assurance about him, although he was nervous and read from his journal. The Plan of Salvation means something to him because he knows it's true and he know where he is in it. He has also gotten the Spirit of Elijiah.(sp?) He understands and is already engaged in doing his genealogy for his family. He reminds me this is all worth it.
One last thing. We are now on mormon.org. The Church has an amazing way for us to share our beliefs. It's amazing. I'm a Mormon is great. Please help the work by creating your own profile so people can go and read who we are and how individual the gospel is. It’s exciting to be a part of this work at this time. It's easy and all you need is your membership record number and a testimony. It's on the top create a profile. Let me know how it goes.
Remember 1 week is left for finishing the Book of Mormon on 2-14-11. I can't wait to hear how it has turned out for all of you who chose to act on my invitation. I love the Book of Mormon. It has such a power that no other book does to change our lives for the better. Don't forget to set your goals high. Begin with an end in mind and then plan accordingly.
God Bless. Love and miss you all.
Love your Sister Peck
always and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment